Do you find yourself eating when you’re not hungry? Are you worried that you may suffer from food addiction? Let’s take a look at signs associated with food addiction.
According to an article at timberlineknolls.com, “Food Addiction Signs”
Researchers at Yale University’s Rudd Center for Food Science & Policy developed a questionnaire to identify people with food addictions. The Yale food addiction scale includes the following:
- End up eating more than planned when you start eating certain foods.
- Keep eating certain foods even if you’re no longer hungry.
- Eat to the point of feeling ill.
- Worry about not eating certain types of foods or worry about cutting down on certain types of foods.
- When certain foods aren’t available, go out of your way to obtain them.
- The behavior continues despite negative medical consequences.
The questionnaire also seeks to ascertained the impact of food on an individual’s personal life by asking if the following applies:
- You eat certain foods so often or in such large amounts that you start eating food instead of working, spending time with the family, or doing recreational activities.
- You avoid professional or social situations where certain foods are available because of fear of overeating.
- You have problems functioning effectively at your job or school because of food and eating.” To read the entire article click here.